Immediate need for CNA for a male client with dementia. Hours are flexible as we provide care daily. This Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) will provide client with various personal care and homemaker/companion and cognitive stimulation services in accordance with an established plan of care so that he can remain in his residence.
- Personal Care
- o Provide assistance with: bathing, dressing, grooming, nail /skin care, back care, foot care, shampoo, oral hygiene, ambulation, transfers, range of motion exercise, safe use of equipment and assistive devices (wheel chair, walker, crutches, cane), change of position, with toileting, commode, incontinent care, meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding
- CNA Care
- o Provide restorative care as well as assistance with: the use of adaptive, assistive and therapeutic equipment, cleaning and changing appliances/devices for non-acute ostomies, applying warm and cold compresses, using advanced transfer techniques, applying oxygen at predetermined established flow rate, obtaining clean-catch urine sample and perform tests, monitoring blood glucose levels, dementia Care
- Companion/Sitter/Household Management
- o Provide companionship and respite services for family
- o Perform homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
- Cognitive Stimulation (training provided)
- Medication Administration
- o Assist with the administration of medication
- Gather information on client’s needs and assist in any adjustment of the client’s care
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate.
- Current CPR certification
- Successful completion of a state-approved CNA course
- At least six months experience as a CNA or HHA (in homes or facilities)
- Be listed in good standing on the Oregon Aide Registry
- Achieves a minimum score of 80% on competency exam (Home Health Aide Test)
- Meets passing criteria on DEARS Ethics test
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
ComForCare Home Care - Salem
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
Company Website: comforcare.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)